Sunday, October 31, 2010
Thursday, October 28, 2010
Everything pumpkin! It started with pumpkin chocolate chip bread. Then that led to Pumpkin waffles, and there is my all time favorite pumpkin roll that is due to enter my belly any day now. I love it! Last night as I was leaving work the air was still and there was a slight chill. Yup, that says it all right there. Fall. And how I missed you! I love opening the door in the morning and feeling the very cool air!
Now the fact that fall apparently lasts only 2 weeks in grovery stores and that now all I see when I go there is Christmas is still a little strange. But it's has me thinking of all the wonderful baking, cooking and decorating that makes this season so much fun.
Last night, Tys and I enjoyed our first cups of Stephen's Mint Truffle Hot Chocolate. Yes- I bought my cans early this year. We all know what happens when you finish off your first can in mid December (memory from 2009). Sold out! Everywhere! So I am trying to be like the boy scouts. Always be prepared, with an extra can of hot chocolate that is.
In other news, Tyson finished mid-terms! Yay! But now has the worst cold ever (this is his body's attempt at trying to recover from all the stress and lack of sleep during the past two weeks.) And this guy never gets sick. Sad day. But he is heavily medicated on DayQuil/Nyquil and those amazing throat lozenges that taste like candy (sugar free of course!) Better days to come!
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Monday, October 11, 2010
Can you believe that in 3 weeks we will celebrate our official One Year anniversary!
So we decided to celebrate a little early in this beautiful place...
Laguna Beach ...it's where we took a slice from the top tier from our Wedding Cake to eat!
and loved every bite! (Bavarian Cream and Strawberries with Buttercream frosting!)
We had the best wedding cake! And our baker remade the top tier of our wedding cake FREE for us to celebrate our 1st year anniversary. We asked to pick it up a few weeks early because we won't be in California on the official date. We loved celebrating a couple of weeks early!
Can you imagine Tyson's surprise as he spotted an Argentinian Restaurant and Market in Laguna Hills, CA...about 3 minutes from where my parents live!?!?!
Tyson was all smiles as he walked over to the restaurant to check it out. He picked up a menu and found all of his favorite foods! Then he went through the Market and Deli right next door. Heaven! Pure Heaven! Tyson had found it! The connection to his love of Argentina! (where he served for 2 years as a Missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints)
A store that sold the famous Alfahores (layered cookies with delicious fillings) and Dulce de Leche! Now you may say, "But can't you get Dulce de Leche in the U.S.?" - The answer is no. None can come close to the sweet joy of this rare Argentinian Dulce de Leche.
And let's not forget about Chorizo- not like our U.S. version. And the Milanasa...and the empanadas!!!! I loved browsing through the store with him as he pointed out his favorites and told the stories behind them. I loved seeing him so completely happy!
Of course we vowed to go back there EVERY time we visit my parents in California! What a great find!
We were able to go to California to send off my sister who will be leaving in 9 days for Geneva, Switzerland. Silly me, I didn't take any photos of her while we were there! Don't know why!
We were happy to see her one last time before she departs for 18 months. When she returns, our little one will be One Year Old! Crazy to think about how time will fly by!
this picture was taken in 2009 while Kenzie and I visited Lucerne, Switzerland. Photo is taken of the famous Lucerne Bridge.
Monday, October 4, 2010
1. Fill a glass up with water
2. Take it over to the desk and place it near the edge
3. Start checking emails
4. Drink out of said cup but leave most of the water in it
5. Ignore the thought, "Wouldn't that be horrible if this cup tipped over and fell on Tyson's computer..."
6. Continue working on your computer and forget said thought.
7. Remember that you want to get something and jump up WAY TO QUICKLY
8. Brush the side of your cup with the back of your hand.
9. Watch as the cup, in slow motion, spills it's contents all over your husband's laptop
10. Apply liberally
11. Freak Out
12. Flip computer upside down and watch as a waterfall of water pours off of it
13. Keep the computer flipped upside down
14. Have a quick moment of amnesia- "Where are the towels?"
15. Run and grab a towel and dry off the computer.
16. Shut off the computer
17. Grab a hairdryer and proceed to blow it under each button
18. Leave portable fan on the computer for two hours to make sure it's dry
19. Turn on the computer to see if it is still working before Husband comes home
20. Sign with relief. No apparent damage.....yet......